约伯传 Job Chapter 11
Job
Chapter 11

1 And Zophar the Naamathite spoke out and said:

纳阿玛人左法尔发言说:

2 Should not the man of many words be answered, or must the garrulous man necessarily be right?

难道喋喋不休,就不需要答复?难道多嘴多舌的人,就自然有理?

3 Shall your babblings keep men silent, and shall you deride and no one give rebuke?

你的空谈,岂能叫人缄默?你如此谩骂,难道无人使你羞愧?

4 Shall you say: "My teaching is pure, and I am clean in your sight"?

你说过:“我的品行是纯洁的,我在你眼中是清白的。”

5 But oh, that God would speak, and open his lips against you,

但愿天主讲话,开口答复你!

6 And tell you that the secrets of wisdom are twice as effective: So you might learn that God will make you answer for your guilt.

将智慧的秘密,——即那难以理解的事——启示给你,那么你便知道,天主向你算罪债。

7 Can you penetrate the designs of God? Dare you vie with the perfection of the Almighty?

你岂能探究天主的奥秘,或洞悉全能者的完美?

8 It is higher than the heavens; what can you do? It is deeper than the nether world; what can you know?

完美高于诸天,你能作什么?深于阴府,你能知道什么?

9 It is longer than the earth in measure, and broader than the sea.

其量长过大地,阔于海洋。

10 If he seize and imprison or call to judgment, who then can say him nay?

天主若经过,谁能扣留他?他若下了逮捕令,谁能阻挡他?

11 For he knows the worthlessness of men and sees iniquity; will he then ignore it?

他洞悉人的虚伪,明察人的罪行,且无不注意。

12 Will empty man then gain understanding, and the wild jackass be made docile?

如此,愚蠢者才可获得智慧,野性驴驹才能变为驯良。

13 If you set your heart aright and stretch out your hands toward him,

你若居心正直,向他伸开你的双手;

14 If you remove all iniquity from your conduct, and let not injustice dwell in your tent,

你若将手中的罪恶除掉,不容不义留在你的帐幕内;

15 Surely then you may lift up your face in innocence; you may stand firm and unafraid.

那么你定能仰首无愧,一定站立稳定,一无所惧;

16 For then you shall forget your misery, or recall it like waters that have ebbed away.

你必能忘却痛苦,纵然想起,也必似水流去;

17 Then your life shall be brighter than the noonday; its gloom shall become as the morning,

你的寿命如日中之光华,纵有阴暗也,必仍如晨曦。

18 And you shall be secure, because there is hope; you shall look round you and lie down in safety,

因有希望,你才感觉安全;因有保护,你才坦然躺卧;

19 and you shall take your rest with none to disturb. Many shall entreat your favor,

你躺卧,无人敢来扰乱你,反而有多人来奉承你。

20 but the wicked, looking on, shall be consumed with envy. Escape shall be cut off from them, they shall wait to expire.

然而恶人的双眼必要憔悴,他们安身之所全必毁坏,他们的希望只在吐出最后一口气。