约伯传 Job Chapter 19
Job
Chapter 19

1 Then Job answered and said:

约伯回答说:

2 How long will you vex my soul, grind me down with words?

你们叫我的心悲伤,说话苦恼我,要到何时?

3 These ten times you have reviled me, have assailed me without shame!

你们侮辱我,已有十次之多,苛待我却不知羞愧。

4 Be it indeed that I am at fault and that my fault remains with me,

我若实在错了,错自由我承当。

5 Even so, if you would vaunt yourselves against me and cast up to me any reproach,

如果你们真要对我自夸,证明我的丑恶,

6 Know then that God has dealt unfairly with me, and compassed me round with his net.

你们应当知道:是天主虐待了我,是他用自己的罗网围困了我。

7 If I cry out"Injustice!" I am not heard. I cry for help, but there is no redress.

我若高呼说:“残暴,”但得不到答复;我大声呼冤,却没有正义。

8 He has barred my way and I cannot pass; he has veiled my path in darkness;

他拦住我的去路,使我不得过去,使黑暗笼罩着我的路途。

9 He has stripped me of my glory, and taken the diadem from my brow.

他夺去了我的光荣,摘下了我头上的冠冕;

10 He breaks me down on every side, and I am gone; my hope he has uprooted like a tree.

他四面打击我,使我逝去;拔除我的希望,犹如拔树。

11 His wrath he has kindled against me; he counts me among his enemies.

他对我怒火如焚,拿我当作他的仇敌。

12 His troops advance as one man; they build up their road to attack me, and they encamp around my tent.

他的军队一齐开来,修好道路攻击我,围着我的帐幕扎营。

13 My brethren have withdrawn from me, and my friends are wholly estranged.

他使我的弟兄离弃我,使我的知己疏远我。

14 My kinsfolk and companions neglect me, and my guests have forgotten me.

邻人和相识者都不见了,寄居我家的人都忘了我。

15 Even my handmaids treat me as a stranger; I am an alien in their sight.

我的婢女拿我当作外人,视我如同陌生人。

16 I call my servant, but he gives no answer, though in my speech I plead with him.

我呼唤仆人,他不回答;我必须亲口央求他。

17 My breath is abhorred by my wife; I am loathsome to the men of my family.

我的气味使妻子憎厌我,我的儿女视我作臭物。

18 The young children, too, despise me; when I appear, they speak against me.

连孩子们也轻慢我,我一起来,他们就凌辱我。

19 All my intimate friends hold me in horror; those whom I loved have turned against me!

我的知交密友都憎恶我,我所爱的人也变脸反对我。

20 1 My bones cleave to my skin, and I have escaped with my flesh between my teeth.

我的骨头紧贴着皮,我很侥幸还保留牙床。

21 Pity me, pity me, O you my friends, for the hand of God has struck me!

我的朋友,你们可怜可怜我!因为天主的手打伤了我。

22 2 Why do you hound me as though you were divine, and insatiably prey upon me?

你们为何如同天主一样逼迫我,吃了我的肉而还不知足呢?

23 3 Oh, would that my words were written down! Would that they were inscribed in a record:

惟愿我的话都记录下来,都刻在铜板上;

24 That with an iron chisel and with lead they were cut in the rock forever!

用铁凿刻在铅版上,永远凿在盘石上。

25 4 But as for me, I know that my Vindicator lives, and that he will at last stand forth upon the dust;

我确实知道为我伸冤者还活着,我的辩护人要在地上起立。

26 And from my flesh I shall see God; my inmost being is consumed with longing.

我的皮肤虽由我身上脱落,但我仍要看见天主;

27 Whom I myself shall see: my own eyes, not another's, shall behold him,

要看见他站在我这一方,我亲眼要看见他,并非他人;我的五内在我内好不憔悴。

28 But you who say,"How shall we persecute him, seeing that the root of the matter is found in him?"

如果你们说:“我们怎能难为他?怎能在他身上寻到这事的根由?”

29 Be afraid of the sword for yourselves, for these crimes deserve the sword; that you may know that there is a judgment.

你们应当害怕刀剑,因为报复罪恶的是刀剑;如此你们终于知道有一个审判者。

Previous Chapter Next Chapter

Footnotes(注解)

1 [20] With my flesh between my teeth: meaning perhaps that Job has been reduced to such an extremity that he scarcely has thin lips over his teeth. But the current Hebrew text of this line is probably corrupt.

2 [22] Divine: possessing God's attributes of judgment and authority to punish.

3 [23-24] Job regards what he is about to say as so important that he wishes it recorded in a permanent manner.

4 [25, 27] The meaning of this passage is obscure because the original text has been poorly preserved and the ancient versions do not agree among themselves. It is certain that Job expresses his belief in a future vindication by God (called here in the Hebrew"Goel"), but the time and manner of this vindication are undefined. In the Vulgate Job is made to indicate a belief in physical resurrection after death, but the Hebrew and the other ancient versions are less specific.