圣咏 Psalms Chapter 18
Psalms
Chapter 18

1 1 For the leader. Of David, the servant of the LORD, who sang to the LORD the words of this song after the LORD had rescued him from the clutches of all his enemies and from the hand of Saul.

交与乐官,上主的仆人达味作,达味在上主救他脱离一切仇敌,尤其撒乌耳的毒手时,向上主唱了这篇诗歌,

2 He said: I love you, LORD, my strength,

说:上主,我的力量!我爱慕你。

3 2 LORD, my rock, my fortress, my deliverer, My God, my rock of refuge, my shield, my saving horn, my stronghold!

上主,你是我的磐石、我的保障,我的避难所;你是我的天主,我所一心依靠的磐石;你是我的护盾,我救恩的角,我的堡垒。

4 Praised be the LORD, I exclaim! I have been delivered from my enemies.

我一呼求应受颂扬的上主,我便会从仇敌的手中得救。

5 The breakers of death surged round about me; the menacing floods terrified me.

死亡的狂涛环围着我,凶恶的险波惊吓着我,

6 3 The cords of Sheol tightened; the snares of death lay in wait for me.

阴府的绳缰缠绕着我,丧命的罗网拘绊着我。

7 4 In my distress I called out: LORD! I cried out to my God. From his temple he heard my voice; my cry to him reached his ears.

我在急难难当中呼求了上主,向我的天主求助;他由殿中听我祷告,我的声音进入他的耳鼓。

8 5 The earth rocked and shook; the foundations of the mountains trembled; they shook as his wrath flared up.

因为上主愤怒填胸,大地立即战栗震惊,山基连根摇撼移动。

9 Smoke rose in his nostrils, a devouring fire poured from his mouth; it kindled coals into flame.

由他的鼻孔涌车楔烟,由他的口中喷出烈炎,由他的身上射出火炭。

10 He parted the heavens and came down, a dark cloud under his feet.

他使诸天低垂,亲自降临,在他的脚下面密布浓云。

11 6 Mounted on a cherub he flew, borne along on the wings of the wind.

他乘坐革鲁宾飞扬;借着风的翼羽翱翔。

12 He made darkness the cover about him; his canopy, heavy thunderheads.

他四周以黑暗作帷帐,以含雨的浓云为屏障。

13 Before him scudded his clouds, hail and lightning too.

闪电在他前辉煌,红炭发出了火光。

14 The LORD thundered from heaven; the Most High made his voice resound.

上主由高天发出雷鸣,至高者吼出他的呼声。

15 7 He let fly his arrows and scattered them; shot his lightning bolts and dispersed them.

他射出羽箭,将人驱散;他发出闪电,使人逃窜。

16 Then the bed of the sea appeared; the world's foundations lay bare, At the roar of the LORD, at the storming breath of his nostrils.

上主的呵斥一呼,鼻孔的怒气一出,沧海的海底出现,大地的地基露绽。

17 He reached down from on high and seized me; drew me out of the deep waters.

他由高处伸手将我拉住,他由洪水之中将我提出;

18 He rescued me from my mighty enemy, from foes too powerful for me.

救我脱离了我的敌手,摆脱了强于我的仇敌。

19 They attacked me on a day of distress, but the LORD came to my support.

他们在我困厄之日袭击我,然而上主却作了我的城堡;

20 He set me free in the open; he rescued me because he loves me.

他引领我步入广阔的平原,他因喜爱我,而给了我救援。

21 The LORD acknowledged my righteousness, rewarded my clean hands.

上主照我的正义酬答了我,按我双手的清白赏报了我;

22 For I kept the ways of the LORD; I was not disloyal to my God.

因我遵行了上主的道路,没有作恶背弃我的天主。

23 His laws were all before me, his decrees I did not cast aside.

他的一切法令常在我的眼前,他的任何诫命我总没有弃捐;

24 I was honest toward him; I was on guard against sin.

我在他前常保持成全,我自知防范各种罪愆。

25 So the LORD rewarded my righteousness, the cleanness of my hands in his sight.

因此,上主我在他眼前的正道,并照我双手的清白给了我赏报。

26 Toward the faithful you are faithful; to the honest you are honest;

仁慈的人,你待他仁慈;正直的人,你待他正直;

27 Toward the sincere, sincere; but to the perverse you are devious.

纯洁的人,你待他纯洁;乖戾的人,你待他乖戾。

28 Humble people you save; haughty eyes you bring low.

卑微的人,你必要救起;傲慢的人,你必要轻视。

29 You, LORD, give light to my lamp; my God brightens the darkness about me.

上主,是你使我的灯笼放光,我主,是你把我的黑暗照亮。

30 With you I can rush an armed band, with my God to help I can leap a wall.

仗着你的助佑,我冲上了战场;靠着我的天主,我跳过了城墙。

31 God's way is unerring; the LORD'S promise is tried and true; he is a shield for all who trust in him.

天主的道路是完善的;上主的言语是精练的;凡是投奔他的人,他必作他的后盾。

32 Truly, who is God except the LORD? Who but our God is the rock?

除了上主以外,还有谁是天主?我们天主以外,还有谁是磐石?

33 This God who girded me with might, kept my way unerring,

是天主使我腰缠英武,使我的道路平坦无阻;

34 Who made my feet swift as a deer's, set me safe on the heights,

使我的双脚敏捷与鹿蹄相同,使我能稳立于高山的危峰;

35 8 Who trained my hands for war, my arms to bend even a bow of bronze.

是他教导我的手上阵进攻,使我伸出臂膊开张了铜弓。

36 You have given me your protecting shield; your right hand has upheld me; you stooped to make me great.

你把救生的盾赐给了我,你的右手不断扶持了我,使我日渐强大因你爱我。

37 You gave me room to stride; my feet never stumbled.

你为我的脚步拓展了道路,我的双脚总没有颠簸踌躇。

38 I pursued my enemies and overtook them; I did not turn back till I destroyed them.

我追击我的仇敌,并且把他们捕捉,决不返回,直到将他们除尽灭绝。

39 I struck them down; they could not rise; they fell dead at my feet.

我将他们打得一败涂地,叫他们在我的脚下倒毙。

40 You girded me with strength for war, subdued adversaries at my feet.

你使我腰缠英武奋勇作战,叫敌对我的人都向我就范;

41 My foes you put to flight before me; those who hated me I destroyed.

使我的敌人在我前转背逃窜,使我把一切仇恨我的人驱散。

42 They cried for help, but no one saved them; cried to the LORD but got no answer.

他们呐喊,却没有人救援,呼号上主,也得不到矜怜。

43 I ground them fine as dust in the wind; like mud in the streets I trampled them down.

我粉碎他们象风吹的灰尘,我践踏他们似道上的粪土。

44 You rescued me from the strife of peoples; you made me head over nations. A people I had not known became my slaves;

你救我脱离了判乱的人民,又封立了我为列国的元勋,我不认识的民族,也都来给我服务。

45 as soon as they heard of me they obeyed. Foreigners cringed before me;

外邦的子民向我谄媚奉承,一听到是我,即刻向我服膺。

46 their courage failed; they came trembling from their fortresses.

突锝的子民惊惶失色,战战兢兢走出了堡垒。

47 The LORD lives! Blessed be my rock! Exalted be God, my savior!

上主万岁!愿我的磐石备受赞颂!救我的天主备受尊崇!

48 O God who granted me vindication, made peoples subject to me,

天主,是你为我伸冤复仇,求你使万民都向我屈服;

49 and preserved me from my enemies, Truly you have exalted me above my adversaries, from the violent you have rescued me.

是你拯救我脱离了我的仇敌,从凌驾我者的拳下把我提起,救我免于向我施暴人的劫持。

50 Thus I will proclaim you, LORD, among the nations; I will sing the praises of your name.

上主,为此,我要在异民中称谢你,我要对你的圣名赞颂不已:

51 You have given great victories to your king, and shown kindness to your anointed, to David and his posterity forever.

因为是你使你的君王大获胜利,对你的受傅者:达味和他的后裔,广施了仁爱慈惠,至于无穷之世。



Previous Chapter Next Chapter

Footnotes(注解)

1 [Psalm 12] A royal thanksgiving for a military victory, duplicated in 2 Sam 22. Thanksgiving psalms are in essence reports of divine rescue. The psalm has two parallel reports of rescue, the first told from a heavenly perspective (Psalm 18:5-20), and the second from an earthly perspective (Psalm 18:36-46). The first report adapts old mythic language of a cosmic battle between sea and rainstorm in order to depict God's rescue of the Israelite king from his enemies. Each report has a short hymnic introduction (Psalm 18:2-4, 32-36) and conclusion (Psalm 18:21-31, 47-50).

2 [3] My saving horn: my strong savior. The horn referred to is the weapon of a bull and the symbol of fertility. Cf 1 Sam 2:10; Psalm 132:17; Luke 1:69

3 [6] Cords: hunting imagery, the cords of a snare.

4 [7] His temple: his heavenly abode.

5 [8-16] God appears in the storm, which in Palestine comes from the west. The introduction to the theophany (Psalm 18:8-9) is probably a description of a violent, hot, and dry east-wind storm. In the fall transition period from the rainless summer to the rainy winter such storms regularly precede the rains. Cf Exodus 14:21-22.

6 [11] Cherub: a winged creature, derived from myth, in the service of the deity (Genesis 3:24; Exodus 25:18-20; 37:6-9). Cherubim were the throne bearers of the deity (Psalm 80:2; 99:1; 1 Kings 6:23-28; 8:6-8).

7 [15] Arrows: lightning.

8 [35] Bow of bronze: hyperbole for a bow difficult to bend and therefore capable of propelling an arrow with great force.