约伯传 Job Chapter 5
Job
Chapter 5

1 Call now! Will anyone respond to you? To which of the holy ones will you appeal?

任你呼求,看有谁答应你?诸圣者中,看你转向那一位?

2 Nay, impatience kills the fool and indignation slays the simpleton.

的确,忧愤杀死愚人,怒火使痴者丧生。

3 I have seen a fool spreading his roots, but his household suddenly decayed.

我知道:愚人一根深蒂固,他的居所即被诅咒;

4 1 His children shall be far from safety; they shall be crushed at the gate without a rescuer.

他的子女,无人支持,在城门前被践踏,无人救护。

5 What they have reaped the hungry shall eat up; (or God shall take it away by blight;) and the thirsty shall swallow their substance.

他们收获的,饥饿者来吃;且将剩余的,抢去储存;他们的财富,为口渴者喝尽。

6 For mischief comes not out of the earth, nor does trouble spring out of the ground;

因为灾祸不是由土中而来,忧患不是由地中而生;

7 2 But man himself begets mischief, as sparks fly upward.

而是人自寻苦恼,如雏鹰自会飞翔。

8 In your place, I would appeal to God, and to God I would state my plea.

如果是我,我必投奔天主,向天主陈诉我的案情。

9 Guide me in your justice because of my foes; make straight your way before me.

他所作的大事,高深莫测;他所行的奇事,不可胜数:

10 He gives rain upon the earth and sends water upon the fields;

他使雨落在地上,引水滋润郊田;

11 He sets up on high the lowly, and those who mourn he exalts to safety.

使卑微的人高升,使受苦的人获得救助;

12 He frustrates the plans of the cunning, so that their hands achieve no success;

粉碎狡猾人的计谋,使他们的作为一无所成;

13 He catches the wise in their own ruses, and the designs of the crafty are routed.

以智者的计谋捕捉智者,使奸猾人的策划即时成空;

14 They meet with darkness in the daytime, and at noonday they grope as though it were night.

他们白日遇到黑暗,正午摸索如在夜间;

15 But the poor from the edge of the sword and from the hand of the mighty, he saves.

他搭救被剥削者脱离人口,挽救穷人摆脱强暴的手。

16 Thus the unfortunate have hope, and iniquity closes her mouth.

如此,贫苦的人获得希望,邪恶将闭口无言。

17 Happy is the man whom God reproves! The Almighty's chastening do not reject.

的确,天主所惩戒的人是有福的:全能者的训戒,你不可忽视。

18 For he wounds, but he binds up; he smites, but his hands give healing.

因为他打伤了,而又包扎伤口;他击碎了,而又亲手治疗。

19 4 Out of six troubles he will deliver you, and at the seventh no evil shall touch you.

你六次遭难,他次次拯救;到第七次,灾难不会临于你。

20 In famine he will deliver you from death, and in war from the threat of the sword;

饥馑中,他必救你不死;战争中,必使你得免刀剑。

21 From the scourge of the tongue you shall be hidden, and shall not fear approaching ruin.

唇枪舌剑,你必能躲藏;大难来临,你不必张惶;

22 At destruction and want you shall laugh; the beasts of the earth you need not dread.

对大难和饥荒,你可置之一笑;对地上的野兽,也不用惊惶。

23 You shall be in league with the stones of the field, and the wild beasts shall be at peace with you.

你将与田野的顽石立约,旷野的猛兽必与你和好。

24 And you shall know that your tent is secure; taking stock of your household, you shall miss nothing.

你将见到你的帐幕平安无恙,察看羊栏时,一无所失。

25 You shall know that your descendants are many, and your offspring as the grass of the earth.

你将确知子孙繁昌,你的苗裔犹如田野青草。

26 You shall approach the grave in full vigor, as a shock of grain comes in at its season.

你必高年才葬于墓,好象麦捆准时收藏。

27 Lo, this we have searched out; so it is! This we have heard, and you should know.

看,这是我们所观察的真理,你若细听,自会获益良多。

Previous Chapter Next Chapter

Footnotes(注解)

1 [4] At the gate: of the city, where justice was administered.

2 [7] Sparks: in Hebrew, "sons of resheph," which the ancient versions took as the name of a bird.

3 [9] Omitted here; it is a duplicate of Job 9:10.

4 [19] Six . . . the seventh: proverbial expression for any large number; cf Proverb 24:16; Luke 17:4.