约伯传 Job Chapter 9
Job
Chapter 9

1 Then Job answered and said:

约伯答复说:

2 I know well that it is so; but how can a man be justified before God?

我确实知道事情是这样,但人怎能同天主讲理?

3 Should one wish to contend with him, he could not answer him once in a thousand times.

人若愿意同天主辩论,千个问题中,谁也回答不出一个。

4 God is wise in heart and mighty in strength; who has withstood him and remained unscathed?

他心中明智,力量强大,谁能对抗他,而保平安?

5 He removes the mountains before they know it; he overturns them in his anger.

他可移山,山却不知;他一发怒,山即翻转;

6 He shakes the earth out of its place, and the pillars beneath it tremble.

他振摇大地,使之脱离原处,地柱随之摇撼;

7 He commands the sun, and it rises not; he seals up the stars.

他一下令,太阳即不升起,星辰即封闭不动;

8 He alone stretches out the heavens and treads upon the crests of the sea.

惟有他展开天空,步行海波之上;

9 He made the Bear and Orion, the Pleiades and the constellations of the south;

他创造了北斗和参宿,昂星及南极星辰;

10 He does great things past finding out, marvelous things beyond reckoning.

他所作的大事,不可胜数。

11 Should he come near me, I see him not; should he pass by, I am not aware of him;

他由我身旁经过,我却没有看见;他走过去,我仍没有发觉。

12 Should he seize me forcibly, who can say him nay? Who can say to him, "What are you doing?"

他若抢夺,谁能阻挡?谁能问他说:“你作什么?”

13 1 He is God and he does not relent; the helpers of Rahab bow beneath him.

天主一愤怒,决不收回。为虎作伥的,必屈伏在他以下。

14 How much less shall I give him any answer, or choose out arguments against him!

如此我怎敢回答,我怎敢措辞与他抗辩?

15 Even though I were right, I could not answer him, but should rather beg for what was due me.

纵然有理,也不敢回答,唯有哀求我的判官开恩。

16 If I appealed to him and he answered my call, I could not believe that he would hearken to my words;

我向他呼求,纵然他答应我,我仍不相信他会听我的呼声。

17 With a tempest he might overwhelm me, and multiply my wounds without cause;

他为了一根头发而折磨我,无故增加我的创伤;

18 He need not suffer me to draw breath, but might fill me with bitter griefs.

致使我不能喘一口气,使我饱尝苦辛。

19 If it be a question of strength, he is mighty; and if of judgment, who will call him to account?

论力量,他强而有力;论审判,谁能将他传来?

20 Though I were right, my own mouth might condemn me; were I innocent, he might put me in the wrong.

我虽自以为正义,他的口却判定我有罪;我虽自觉无辜,他却声明我有偏差。

21 Though I am innocent, I myself cannot know it; I despise my life.

我是无辜的吗?我自己也不知道!我厌恶我的生命!

22 It is all one! therefore I say: Both the innocent and the wicked he destroys.

因此我说:都是一样。善人恶人,他一概灭绝。

23 When the scourge slays suddenly, he laughs at the despair of the innocent.

若天灾突然降下使人猝死,他便嘲笑无罪者的绝望。

24 The earth is given into the hands of the wicked; he covers the faces of its judges. If it is not he, who then is it?

大地落在恶人的手里,蒙蔽判官脸面的,不是他,是谁呢?

25 My days are swifter than a runner, they flee away; they see no happiness;

我的日月过去比跑信的还快;疾走而过,无福乐可享。

26 They shoot by like skiffs of reed, like an eagle swooping upon its prey.

急急驶过,似芦苇船,如骤降攫食的鹰。

27 If I say: I will forget my complaining, I will lay aside my sadness and be of good cheer,

我若决意忘掉我的哀怨,改变愁容,表示愉快;

28 2 Then I am in dread of all my pains; I know that you will not hold me innocent.

但一想到我的痛苦,我就恐怖。我知道你决不以我为无辜。

29 If I must be accounted guilty, why then should I strive in vain?

我若是有罪,又何苦白费心血?

30 If I should wash myself with snow and cleanse my hands with lye,

我即便用雪洗我身,用碱水洗我手,

31 Yet you would plunge me in the ditch, so that my garments would abhor me.

你却把我浸在泥坑内,甚至我的衣服都憎恶我。

32 For he is not a man like myself, that I should answer him, that we should come together in judgment.

因为他不象我是个人,使我能答复他,或让我们同去听审。

33 Would that there were an arbiter between us, who could lay his hand upon us both

在我们中间没有仲裁,可按手在我们两造之间。

34 and withdraw his rod from me. Would that his terrors did not frighten me;

但愿他的棍杖远离我,他的威严不要恐吓我,

35 that I might speak without being afraid of him. Since this is not the case with me,

我好能讲话而不害怕;但是如今我并非如此。

Previous Chapter Next Chapter

Footnotes(注解)

1 [13] Rehab: cf Job 26:12. See note on Psalm 89:11.

2 [28-31] You: refers to God.