约伯传 Job Chapter 30
Job
Chapter 30

1 But now they hold me in derision who are younger in years than I; Whose fathers I should have disdained to rank with the dogs of my flock.

但现今年纪小于我的人,都嘲笑我;这些人的父亲,我都不屑于列在守我羊群的狗中。

2 Such strength as they had, to me meant nought; they were utterly destitute.

他们的精力已经丧失,他们手臂的力量,对我还有何用?

3 In want and hunger was their lot, they who fled to the parched wastelands:

他们因贫乏和饥馑而消瘦,咀嚼旷野里的草根,以及荒山野岭所生的荆棘。

4 1 They plucked saltwort and shrubs; the roots of the broom plant were their food.

他们由丛莽中采取咸菜,以杜松根做自己的食物。

5 They were banished from among men, with an outcry like that against a thief—

人将他们由人群中逐出,在他们后面喊叫有如追贼;

6 To dwell on the slopes of the wadies, in caves of sand and stone;

他们只得避居于深谷,住在山洞和岩穴中;

7 Among the bushes they raised their raucous cry; under the nettles they huddled together.

在荆棘丛中哀叹,在葛藤下畏缩。

8 Irresponsible, nameless men, they were driven out of the land.

这些人都是流氓的后代,无名氏的子孙,由本乡驱逐出境的人。

9 Yet now they sing of me in mockery; I am become a byword among them.

但现今我竟成了他们的歌谣,做了他们的话柄。

10 They abhor me, they stand aloof from me, they do not hesitate to spit in my face!

他们因憎恶我而远离我,竟任意向我脸上吐唾沫。

11 Indeed, they have loosed their bonds; they lord it over me, and have thrown off restraint in my presence.

这个解开了自己的缰绳以攻击我,那个由自己面上除掉了辔头。

12 To subvert my paths they rise up; they build their approaches for my ruin.

下流之辈在我右边起来,向我投掷石头,筑成一条使我丧亡的路。

13 To destroy me, they attack with none to stay them;

他们破坏了我的道路,使我跌仆,却没有人阻止他们。

14 as through a wide breach they advance. Amid the uproar they come on in waves;

他们由宽大的缺口进入,辗转于废墟之中。

15 over me rolls the terror. My dignity is borne off on the wind, and my welfare vanishes like a cloud.

恐怖临于我身,我的尊荣就如被风吹散,我的救恩就逝去如浮云。

16 My soul ebbs away from me;

现今我的心神已颓废,忧患的日子不放松我。

17 My frame takes no rest by night; my inward parts seethe and will not be stilled.

夜间痛苦刺透我骨,我的脉络都不得安息。

18 2 One with great power lays hold of my clothing; by the collar of my tunic he seizes me:

天主以大力抓住我的衣服,握紧我长衣的领口,

19 He has cast me into the mire; I am leveled with the dust and ashes.

将我投入泥中,使我变成灰土。

20 I cry to you, but you do not answer me; you stand off and look at me,

天主啊!我向你呼号,你不回答我;我立起来,你也不理睬我。

21 Then you turn upon me without mercy and with your strong hand you buffet me.

你对我变成了暴君,用你有力的手迫害我。

22 You raise me up and drive me before the wind; I am tossed about by the tempest.

你将我提起,乘风而去,使我在狂风中飘摇不定。

23 Indeed I know you will turn me back in death to the destined place of everyone alive.

我知道你要导我于死亡,到众生聚集的家乡。

24 Yet should not a hand be held out to help a wretched man in his calamity?

若穷人遇到不幸向我求救,我岂不伸手去援助他?

25 Or have I not wept for the hardships of others; was not my soul grieved for the destitute?

他人遭难,我岂不与他一同流泪?人穷乏,我的心岂不也忧愁?

26 Yet when I looked for good, then evil came; when I expected light, then came darkness.

我希望幸福,来的却是灾祸;我期待光明,黑暗反而来临。

27 days of affliction have overtaken me.

我内心烦恼不安,痛苦的日子常临于我。

28 I go about in gloom, without the sun; I rise up in public to voice my grief.

我忧闷而行,无人安慰我,我在集会中起立只有喊冤。

29 I have become the brother of jackals, companion to the ostrich.

我成了豺狼的兄弟,驼鸟的伴侣。

30 My blackened skin falls away from me; the heat scorches my very frame.

我的皮肤变黑,我的骨头因热灼发烧,

31 My harp is turned to mourning, and my reed pipe to sounds of weeping.

我的琴瑟奏出哀歌,我的箫笛发出哭声。

Previous Chapter Next Chapter

Footnotes(注解)

1 [4] Saltwort: found in salt marshes and very sour to the taste; eaten by the extremely poor as a cooked vegetable. Broom plant: the juniper or brushwood; cf Psalm 120:4; a figure of bitterness and poverty, because of its bitter-tasting roots which are practically inedible.

2 [16-21] (19-24)Job here refers to God's stern treatment of him.