约伯传 Job Chapter 6
Job
Chapter 6

1 Then Job answered and said:

约伯回答说:

2 Ah, could my anguish but be measured and my calamity laid with it in the scales,

恨不得有人衡量衡量我的痛苦,把我所受的灾祸一起放在天秤上!

3 They would now outweigh the sands of the sea! Because of this I speak without restraint.

它们重过海岸的沙粒,难怪我出言冒失。

4 For the arrows of the Almighty pierce me, and my spirit drinks in their poison; the terrors of God are arrayed against me.

因为全能者的箭射中了我,我的心灵喝尽它们的毒汁,天主的恐吓列阵攻击我。

5 1 Does the wild ass bray when he has grass? Does the ox low over his fodder?

野驴有青草,难道还嘶叫?牛对着草料,难道还吼鸣?

6 Can a thing insipid be eaten without salt? Is there flavor in the white of an egg?

淡而无盐的食物,岂能下咽?蛋白能有什么滋味?

7 I refuse to touch them; they are loathsome food to me.

这使我厌恶的食物,我实不愿沾唇。

8 Oh, that I might have my request, and that God would grant what I long for:

惟愿我的祈求实现,愿天主满全我的希望!

9 Even that God would decide to crush me, that he would put forth his hand and cut me off!

愿天主击毁我,松手使我消灭!

10 Then I should still have consolation and could exult through unremitting pain, because I have not transgressed the commands of the Holy One.

这样,我仍有安慰,在凄惨的痛苦中,仍然喜悦,因为我没有违犯圣者的教训。

11 What strength have I that I should endure, and what is my limit that I should be patient?

我有什么力量使我期待,有什么结局使我拖延生命?

12 Have I the strength of stones, or is my flesh of bronze?

我的力量岂有岩石之坚?我的肉身岂是铜制的?

13 Have I no helper, and has advice deserted me?

在我内还能找到什么作援助?任何扶助岂不都远离了我?

14 A friend owes kindness to one in despair, though he have forsaken the fear of the Almighty.

谁不怜悯自己的友人,就是放弃了敬畏天主之心。

15 My brethren are undependable as a brook, as watercourses that run dry in the wadies;

我的兄弟们诡诈有如溪水,有如水过即干的河床。

16 Though they may be black with ice, and with snow heaped upon them,

溪水因结冰而混浊,其上盖有积雪;

17 Yet once they flow, they cease to be; in the heat, they disappear from their place.

季节一温暖,溪水即涸竭,天气一炎热,河床枯干。

18 Caravans turn aside from their routes; they go into the desert and perish.

商队离开大道,走入荒野,因而命丧。

19 2 The caravans of Tema search, the companies of Sheba have hopes;

特玛的商队观望,舍巴的客旅期待,

20 They are disappointed, though they were confident; they come there and are frustrated.

但他们的希望落了空,不管到了那里,必狼狈不堪。

21 It is thus that you have now become for me; you see a terrifying thing and are afraid.

现今你们待我也是一样:看见了我,就惊惶失措。

22 Have I asked you to give me anything, to offer a gift for me from your possessions,

难道我说过:“请送我礼物!把你们的财产送我一分?

23 Or to deliver me from the enemy, or to redeem me from oppressors?

救我摆脱仇人的权势,赎我脱离残暴者的掌握?”

24 Teach me, and I will be silent; prove to me wherein I have erred.

请教训我!我必静听。我有什么错,请指示我!

25 How agreeable are honest words; yet how unconvincing is your argument!

正义的言词是多么甘美!但你们的责斥是指摘什么?

26 Do you consider your words as proof, but the sayings of a desperate man as wind?

你们岂能只在言词上吹毛求疵?以绝望者的话当耳边风?

27 You would even cast lots for the orphan, and would barter away your friend!

你们只想对孤儿掷骰下注,以你们的朋友作商品。

28 Come, now, give me your attention; surely I will not lie to your face.

现今请你们注视我,在你们注视之下,我决不说谎。

29 Think it over; let there be no injustice. Think it over; I still am right.

请你们再想一下,不要不公平;请你们三思,我的正义仍然存在!

30 Is there insincerity on my tongue, or cannot my taste discern falsehood?

我的唇舌上岂有不义?我的口腔难道不辨邪正?

Previous Chapter Next Chapter

Footnotes(注解)

1 [5-6] Job would not complain if his life were as pleasant to him as fodder to a hungry animal; but his life is as disagreeable as insipid food. White of an egg: thus the obscure Hebrew has been understood in Jewish tradition; some render it "mallow juice."

2 [19] Tema: in northwest Arabia. Sheba: see note on Job 1:15.